Let the games begin.
Let the games begin.
I knew this one was inevitable.
Among the opinions that I freely share with anyone willing to listen is the notion that there is next to nothing that separates the two candidates presesently running for the office of President of the United States. Furthermore, if you look at the practices of their respective administrations there is next to nothing that distinguishes the administration of Barack Obama from that of George W. Bush and indeed very little that distinguishes either Bush administration from Bill Clinton's discounting the spectacular opportunities for policy adventures afforded the latter Bush by virtue of the wildly more succesful attack on the World Trade Center that occurred on his watch.
This notion frustrates Republican/conservative types to no end as they consider themselves to be the only grownups in the room and as such the only possible responsible viewpoint on any issue you might care to name, while at the same time infuriating Democrat/liberal/progressive types to near apoplexy as they view themselves to be the best possible people imaginable by virtue of their tender hearts and pure intentions all the while loathing with the deepest passion imaginable anyone who has the temerity to oppose them on any issue.
So anyway, I was at the soccer game the other day watching the youngest Roanboy command the midfield, when I chanced upon one of my Republican/conservative type friends who visits us here from time to time and is exasperated with me for refusing to support Mitt Romney.
Finally completely frustrated, he said to me, "Youre so f&#$%@^ smart, what would you do?"
"I'm Emperor?" I ask, delighted at the prospect.
Look of disgust.
Then I rattle it off in about 18 seconds.
1. Break up the media near monopolies. Allow for ownership/investment of only one media outlet, be it newspaper, televison station or radio station per state.
2. Break up the banks. Bring back Glass Steagall word for word at minimum. Better yet, legally segregate retail banking from investment banking from propriatery trading from brokerage from insurance from fee based research.
3. Abolish the Federal Reserve Bank.
4. Disengage from all foreign entanglements including NATO and bring all of our troops home.
5. Establish term limits of 3 terms for Congress and two for the Senate.
6. Establish term limits of 25 years for all public employees. Some time in the private sector would do most of them a world of good.
7. End the "War on Drugs". Legalize it, tax it, use the money you save for treatment.
8. Close the Department of Homeland Security. Hold parties at airports all over the country and beat the shit out of their equipment with sledge hammers. Make transportation companies responsible for their customer's security.
9-a. Establish a flat tax of 10% on every dime of income over twenty thousand dollars, regardless of source, regardless of the form (benefits are income) from every entity, while removing deductions for mortgage interest, state and local taxes, charitable contributions ..... everything. End FICA
9-b. Remove depreciation and depletion allowances from corporate tax returns along with interest deductions, allow business entities to expense capital purchases along with business expenses in the year they occur on a cash in cash out basis. Treat debt for purposes of acquiring capital purchases as income. Get it? You can expense capital improvements in the year they are acquired to the extent they are unleveraged.
10. Hire the nastiest prick I can find with some prosecutorial experience to hold a public investigation of the attack on the World Trade Center of September 11, 2001. Give him every dime he asks for. Hell, offer up a bonus for every conviction that results in a hanging ..... make it a big one.
"How's that just for starters?" I asked, just as innocently as I am able.
He won't be back bothering me anytime soon.
No, that's not me in the picture although I used to look a lot like that ..... before the operation.
What a sordid adventure this has been.
A month or so ago I asked myself a question,
"Who owns the Fed?"
Foolishly thinking that having asked that question, at about 8:30 am on a Saturday morning, I'd have a post done by noon at the latest.
Just another example of just how wrong one can be, when one is wrong.
I read a lot of it.
I'm a little mad at myself here because if you follow some of this stuff far enough, you get to part about the escaped, homosexual, occultist Nazis hiding underground (literally) somewhere in Argentina ....... with grey space aliens.
I am not making this up.
Hell, I couldn't make it up.
Anyway, what I'm mad about is that I lost that link.
You can believe me when I tell you I'm lookin' for it.
But I digress.
Evidently lots and lots of people have asked this question, long before I did and have posted/published their answers.
Then a whole other group read the first group's post/publication/book and felt a need to dispute those answers.
Now, wouldn't you think that it should be easy to determine the ownership of something as important as the entity the controls the money supply of the world's largest economy?
This is the information age after all, don't you think that a simple list might be easily obtainable?
Click it and read it dagnabit, it'll only take a minute and I'm trying to make a point here.
You don't even have to read anything this time.
See what I mean?
Hmmmmm, is all I have to say about this.
The vids now, are a whole new ballgame.
And while a lot of the vids are very good and entertaining, none of it is as helpful as I would have liked in answering the original question, "Who owns the Fed?" because one needs to have a much better than none at all understanding of the nature of money, before any of the above makes even one lick of sense.
So, here's where I start.
The following comes from a definite Libertarian point of view, and while some may prefer a different viewpoint, it is very clear and easy to grab hold of.
It'll take about 40 minutes but you will most likely be entertained and a hell of a lot smarter about the world around you than you are now.
Go get a beer, a glass of wine, a cup of coffee, maybe a sandwich.
Got all that?
I'll be back on issues having to do with that non existant list in a bit.